By the time ARC’s residents graduate from our program, they have reached a level of functionality and clarity that they will be able to carry over into their newly sober lives. ARC offers several aftercare treatment options. We specially tailor each option to target the changing, transitional needs of the addict as they move on from the structured environment of the residential setting. And, since no two people require the same variety of care, it is vital to the maintenance of their long-term recovery that they have as many, fluid options available to them as possible. We do not offer a Sober Living Environment, or SLE. However, we can make recommendations about many facilities all over the country that can meet the needs of the individual. Most of the individuals in our Intensive Outpatient Program are in some form of sober living homes Los Angeles offers.
Residential Treatment is the Beginning
In other words, ARC offers what are referred to as multiple levels of care, which means that our program is divided into different phases and different categories, with each phase of treatment calibrated to meet the needs of each individual wherever they find themselves on their own treatment continuum.
Treatment typically commences with physical detoxification. This is period during which the client undergoes a systematic and medically supervised process of ridding their bodies of toxins. After which, the client moves through the various levels of the program. Although ARC’s residential treatment programs occur along a phase system, with the client gaining increasingly challenging autonomy as they move forward and participate in their program and recovery, the proposition that they will someday graduate is inadvertently inaccurate.
The truth is that graduation from residential treatment, although serving as a bookend of sorts, really indicates that they have completed but the very first inquiries into their own personalities, addictions, and pathology. Regarding graduation, their departure from residential care actually inaugurates the next phase of their lives and their personal growth. This is a critical juncture for any addict, regardless of how well behaved or compliant they were while in treatment. The move out of residential care into their respective lives is enormous. As such, the pressures and stressors they will inevitably contend with will challenge everything they have accomplished during their in-house stay.
Sober Living is an Adjunct Service
Different levels of care are provided by ARC. Each variety of services generally represents whatever stage of growth the addict is at the moment they leave residential care. For some individuals, the Intensive Outpatient Program might be the most viable option. For still others, some variety of SLE in conjunction with aftercare services might be indicated. Having asserted as much, it then becomes important to find the sober living homes Los Angeles offers that best suits the addict’s needs. In practice, this is trickier than one might suppose. Because addicts at this phase of their recovery are typically apprehensive or outright terrified, matching them up with a facility that honors their needs is imperative to fostering continued growth and recovery.
Structured Sober Living is Important
Much of the controversy surrounding sober living is the fact that in the state of California sober homes are not regulated by the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs. This means that no real oversight exists with regards standards of care one can expect from a licensed treatment center.
More often than not, residents in the various sober living homes Los Angeles that we work with are expected to either be in school, to be working, be looking for work. They are also expected to participate in aspects of ARC’s various aftercare services or volunteering. In other words, we expect the sober living Los Angeles relies on to be progressing the individual forward in the same way we do. As an addendum to the aforementioned, ARC works with sober living homes Los Angeles trusts. ARC vouches for each regarding their provisions of care, their oversight and the integrity of the structure they apply.
Varying Styles of Sober Living
There exists a great deal of misinformation about sober living homes Los Angeles provides, and a moment to clarify their function is important. Sober living places are generally not regulated by onsite staff or therapists. The expectation is that graduated residents are at a point in their recovery where they can manage their own affairs. One of the most important services that sober living communities provide is a supportive setting for newly sober addicts that encourage them to foster the life skills and coping strategies that have hitherto been largely theoretical. Features one can expect from a sober living:
- A clean and sober environment
- New positive peer influences
- A healthy community lifestyle
- A safe place to continue personal and spiritual growth
- A place to learn self-supporting principles of recovery
- Recommended 12-step involvement for all members of the community
- Continued work with a primary care therapist
- Participation in ARC’s aftercare and alumni programs, which includes meetings, socializing, group therapy, family therapy, and one-on-one therapy
Moving On To Independent Living
ARC’s Aftercare program is referred to as “independent living”. This level of care is a step-down resource for people who need additional support transitioning out of residential treatment. Usually, they move to an Intensive Outpatient program. The primary function of independent living is to create a safe resource for individuals that need a degree of structure and accountability, but simultaneously don’t require high levels of maintenance.
Special Workshops, Alumni Services
Some of the ongoing services ARC provides for sober living residents include:
- Ongoing Life Skills Workshops – ARC’s Life Skills Workshop encompasses a broad spectrum of issues and concerns. Life Skills Workshops provide for people an opportunity to take stock of areas that still need attention. At the same time, they also receive support and commendation for what they have accomplished. This element of treatment is invaluable because addicts tend to belittle their accomplishments and embellish their mistakes. Employing group input and observations from peers, in conjunction with positive reinforcement employed by the group leader or therapist, is an invaluable tool to help objectively assess oneself and appraise both their assets and their liabilities. It is not uncommon during this phase for people to begin to identify passions and interests, including vocational and educational aspirations.
- Continued Alumni Services – ARC’s Alumni Program creates a sense of community between people who have left treatment, but who are at different levels of emotional and psychological development. The nature of the group and its inherent intimacy collude to create a unique environment in which Addict’s transitioning out of residential care have a place to acquire support, guidance, and love.
Recommending Sober Living Homes Los Angeles Offers
When people transition from our residential setting to sober living homes Los Angeles trusts, we make recommendations based on our experience with SLEs. We do this on a case by case basis. There are no kickbacks, perks, or mutual benefits behind any of our referrals. This is part of the reason we don’t list any sober livings on our website. If you are curious about what SLE would work best for you, sober living homes Los Angeles offers may work. Call us at 866-256-0051, or fill out our free insurance verification form and we can find the appropriate sober living that fits you.