Every individual who enters rehab does so with a unique set of circumstances. For that reason, top addiction treatment facilities like Authentic Recovery Center use a variety of services. The first decision staff members have to make is whether a patient needs inpatient or outpatient rehab. The following information addresses the difference between inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Information About Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Options
Prior to getting drug addiction help in Southern California, people may need help understanding their options. They need information about things like inpatient drug rehab Los Angeles and outpatient rehab Los Angeles. Likewise, alcoholics need information about inpatient alcohol rehab Los Angeles. The more information people have, the more likely they will cooperate in the treatment selection process.
Before we discuss the differences between inpatient vs outpatient care, we’ll discuss the premise of each option. The addiction treatment industry also refers to inpatient rehab as residential care. As that title indicates, the patient lives in the rehab during treatment. The typical inpatient rehab programs last 30-60 days.
Outpatient care only requires that the patient follow the rules like staying clean and showing up for all appointments on time. In the inpatient vs outpatient model, outpatient is better for patients with a moderate addiction and the ability to function responsibly.
The Difference Between Inpatient and Outpatient Care
The discussion about inpatient vs outpatient treatment revolves around clinicians trying to find the least invasive treatment option. To that end, there are in fact several factors that define the difference between inpatient and outpatient treatment. Those factors include:
- Costs – outpatient care costs less than inpatient care
- Lifestyle issues – outpatient programs allow patients to keep working or stay up on personal responsibilities like childcare
- Counseling and addiction therapy services – While both options require intensive counseling and therapy, outpatient programs will concentrate therapy into more extended sessions
- Access to amenities – Inpatient homes offer recreational and lifestyle programs to augment the in-house programs
- Access to treatment options – With more available time, residential patients may have more access to holistic and behavioral treatment options
About Authentic Recovery Center
At our West Los Angeles facility, we provide the very best addiction treatment services possible. We design our programs to ensure patients are able to prepare for a life without drugs or alcohol. Our services:
- Revolve around the 12 Steps of Recovery
- Include drug detox programs
- Include outpatient and inpatient options
- Prefer to discharge patients free of any substances including suboxone
- Include dual diagnosis and family therapy program
If you are ready to seek help for your addiction, Authentic Recovery Center is the right place to start. Our programs can help you safely get from withdrawal issues all the way to a full recovery from addiction. For information about the difference between inpatient and outpatient rehab, call us. Our addiction experts are waiting for you at 866-256-0051.