What is Drug Rehab?
Drug rehab is a shortened term often used in place of drug rehabilitation. Traditionally, the idea of enrolling in a drug rehab program was for exactly that purpose: to rehabilitate a person exhibiting signs of addiction. Although our understanding of addiction has advanced significantly in the last century, many programs have not evolved alongside these breakthroughs in order to provide the most advanced rehabilitation available for the treatment of substance abuse disorders. Therefore, the question, “What is drug rehab?”, is not as easy to answer as it seems to be. To understand why, you have to learn about the divergent philosophies applied in drug treatment settings.
There are essentially two types of rehabilitation philosophies:
- Behavior Modification – This type of program offers the traditional treatment approach of counselor confrontation coupled with ongoing group therapy. The basic goal in a behavior modification drug rehabilitation center is to, “Break the addict down, to build them back up”.
- Clinical Treatment – This type of program is designed to clinically assess each client for co-occurring disorders, and treat with specific one on one techniques any psychiatric or psychological issues that are discovered. The basic goal in clinical treatment settings is to view addiction as a symptom and to encourage the client to develop new skills in place of old habits.
Ultimately, all drug rehab centers fall into one of these two categories. Authentic Recovery Center is a clinically-based drug rehab. This is widely considered to be the most effective and advanced approach to the treatment of addition and substance abuse, as well as for clients with dual diagnosis disorders. Although clinical treatment centers are capable of successfully treating people without a dual diagnosis, behavior modification programs are not designed for people with complex psychological or psychiatric disorders. This is especially true for people that exhibit signs of Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar, and Attention Disorders.
When is Drug Rehab Necessary?
Drug rehab is necessary whenever substance abuse is creating any type of problem for the user, their friends, or their families. It doesn’t matter whether these problems are mild or severe. The question is not whether or not drug rehabilitation is necessary if problems are present. The only question is what method of drug rehabilitation is required.
Methods for Drug Rehabilitation
To expand on the previous section, if problems are present then drug treatment is necessary. However, depending on the severity of the problems, certain specific types of rehabilitation may be more advisable than others.
Types of Drug Rehab
There are essentially three different types of drug rehabilitation in the treatment setting. These are:
- Medical Detoxification – This type of treatment is required whenever physical or chemical dependence is one of the presenting problems.
- Residential Treatment – This type of treatment is required whenever the problems stemming from substance abuse are seriously impairing normal, healthy functioning.
- Outpatient Treatment – This type of treatment is required whenever the problems resulting from substance abuse are causing stress, but not serious life impairment.
If you are uncertain about which type of drug rehab is required in your situation call us to speak with a licensed clinician. We will conduct a free treatment assessment and insurance verification to help you determine the level of care that is right for you.
We Offer a Drug Rehab that is Comprehensive
More often than not, addiction, drug abuse, and compulsive disorders, occurs in tandem with mental illnesses such as Depression or Anxiety. It is crucial that these complicating factors give shape to an intervention if the intervention is to be successful. Clinically, the overlap between these different conditions can be difficult to identify, despite signs and markers that indicate their presence. In situations where an addict suffers from co-occurring disorders, they are referred to as being dual diagnosed. And one of ARC’s distinctions is how comprehensive its services are. This distinction is vitally important for both diagnostic reasons as well as determining what clinical protocols will be most effective once a client is in treatment.
Call to Learn More about our Los Angeles Drug Rehab
If you are interested in learning more about drug rehabilitation with Authentic Recovery Center call 1 877 415 4673 now. Our co-occurring disorders and addiction treatment approach is evidence-based and highly effective. With an extensive continuum of care, drug rehab can be initiated to address many different types of need. Remember, “The only failure in life is the failure to act”.